Pages

Monday 21 June 2010

What do Shrek, Skeletor and Bo Derek have in common.....?

So despite having only just written a post about football, and promtly ending it due to lack of material, my most recent viewing of further games has prompted me to write more on the subject.  Now one thing I do have to express is my disappointment with England's performance thus far - despite my patriotism which has been enhanced with my being in another country (although I'm pleased to say that my support for my new homeland has grown by the day, helped along by the fabulous Benaglio who really has saved more goals than any goalie I've ever watched).  Anyway, the first England match was obviously tremendously flawed due to the utterly muppetly performance of our own goalie - but at least I managed to stay awake during that match. 

The second match however literally had me nodding off.  Not least because the Algerians had cleverly camouflaged themseves at bits of turf so that they were virtually invisible to the viewer - instead giving the appearance that Rooney and co. were just sleepily kicking a ball about between the 11 of them, playing a lazy, half-hearted game of 'Avoid the Goal' while trying to stay awake themselves.  Not many people can get away with lime green I tell you - but better the Algerians than the English I suppose - Rooney needs no additional assistance in looking like Shrek.

I wonder who designs the outfits.. (sorry, strips)... They should get Patricia Field to do it - at least she'd accessorise them up a bit.  Especially the goalies.  If they have to wear a different outfit to their team mates they could at least embrace the opportunity.  I'd wear one of those all-in-one lycra thingys with a skeleton painted on the front, but instead of the black 'background' I'd have a grass-green one.  That would confuse the fuck out of the opposing strikers!!



Actually if I was a footballer I would be Dutch (and yes, you CAN choose - see pevious post), because I'm proud to say I'm one of the few people in the world that can actually get away with wearing orange.  Which I've always thought of as a good thing - especially given my cultural heritage... if I did ever end up in Guantanamo Bay (mistakenly of course - as if any of them aren't) at least I know I'd look good on my capture video - even under those harsh lights.  I prefer a 'coral' to a 'tangerine' but I'm sure they cater for a range of complexions, and as long as they do it in a size 6 I reckon I could totally work that jumpsuit look.

Anyway - veered from the subject matter there (again)... The other thing that gives me cause for concern are the hairstyles that some of these chaps are sporting nowadays.  The mullets of yesteryear might have been appalling but at least they were deemed trendy and manly at the time.  These days it's all girly Alice-bands and non-afro braiding - like those Vicky Pollard-esque chavs you see on Blackpool beach or cheap holidays who pay a tenner to get their hair braided and beaded and think they look like Bo Derek in that film "10" where she runs along the beach looking sexy with her braids bouncing around her in slo-mo....that was a one-off peeps if ever there was one!  So, it wouldn't surprise me to see a gingham scrunchie or a Hello Kitty barrette on the pitch soon, or even a borrowed-from-a-wag-Bumpit-enhanced beehive which could well prove a help, or hinderance I suppose, to the trajectory of a ball off a header....

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that over the next few days I will think of more to write about concerning the football, so I will leave this one open ended........ to be continued.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tango- when is your blog coming back?? Please don't give it up!!!

mishu said...

that is excellent! I am searching for landscape ideas. to become put on on my property, this gives me personally the right ideas.
italian suits
suits for boys
3 mens suits